Elders Climate Action Massachusetts works to mobilize elders to address climate change while there is still time to protect the well-being of our grandchildren and future generations.
Organizing elders to exert pressure on lawmakers and government agencies to develop policies that respond forcefully to climate change. We promote climate-friendly societal norms and behaviors among individuals, communities, businesses, and educational institutions.
- We encourage elders to take responsibility for climate action
- We cultivate a strong network of connections with allied organizations and the lifelong networks of our elder climate activists
- We reach out to elders to foster clusters of elder activism
- We develop relationships with key legislators
- We cultivate expertise on the reality of climate change and ways combating it
- We communicate about the reality and impact of climate change, telling stories that draw on our unique wisdom, to influence other elders, other citizens, and decision-makers
- We facilitate elder engagement by alerting elders to personal and local actions they can take
- We actively develop our leadership capacity as individuals and as an organization.