Your Legislative Team Prepares to Hit the Ground Running
The ECA Mass Legislative Team has been brainstorming and reorganizing to maximize the effectiveness of our legislative advocacy in the coming year and to take on the challenge of monitoring and accelerating the Healey administration’s implementation of the Roadmap and Wind/Climate bills passed last legislative session. We have formed sector-specific work groups to focus on decarbonization of buildings, transportation, energy, natural solutions, budget issues, and the development of a Green Bank. The work groups already are laying plans to advance their goals.
The team will support the work groups by:
- Identifying new approaches to advocacy aimed at expediting the development and implementation of climate regulations
- Advocating for the swift establishment of state programs required to advance climate goals
- Organizing information on relevant bills filed this session
- Improving collaboration with our allies in the climate movement, and
- Increasing the engagement of our general membership in legislative action
We are also sponsoring a team of master’s students from the Wagner School of Public Service at New York University to interview Massachusetts legislators and climate movement leaders to identify new means to increase our influence on legislation and to advance our collaboration with our allies.
The opportunities provided by recent state and federal legislation and the arrival of an administration that promises progressive action on climate issues should make this an exciting and rewarding time to be advocating for our climate goals.
If you have been thinking about stepping up your involvement in ECA Mass legislative action, NOW is a great time to explore the many options to get engaged. Whether you have a few hours per month or even more time, we need your help. Contact Roger Luckmann (firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn more about the opportunities.