We are headed to Beacon Hill to lobby for our various priority bills which need to be included in any climate omnibus bill coming out of the legislature this session.
We need everyone’s participation to help push the TUE (Telecommunications, Utilities and Energy) and ENR (Environment and Natural Resources ) Committees to pass strong legislation this session in order to help ensure that the State reaches its 2025 and 2030 climate goals. Here are our priorities for which we will be advocating on the 24th. (For a summary of other bills and policies we support, link here.)
The agenda for the day is evolving but will include:
- 9:30–10:00: Gather in Room 428A for materials, instructions and messaging
- 10:00–12:00: Legislator Meetings. Certain meetings have been set up; but we need other people to join those. You will also want to visit/leave literature at your own reps’ and others’ offices.
- (If you can set up a meeting ahead of time, please contact Tina Grosowsky to let her know. Meetings can be virtual or in-person.)
- NOON: RALLY at the Grand Staircase
- 12:15–2:00: Continue Legislator Meetings
If you plan to attend, please RSVP here. If you can not attend for the whole day, that is fine! Be sure to open next week’s Action Alert for any updates regarding the day’s activities.
If you cannot attend in person, please make an effort to call or email your legislator on Jan. 24th or thereabouts. Link here for a call or email template to guide your advocacy. (If you need to find your legislator, link here.) This is particularly important if you live in the district of one of the members of the House or Senate TUE and ENR Committees, or Legislative Leadership, listed here.
- We’ll supply coffee and muffins;
- Bring something for lunch if you will be staying through the afternoon;
- Don’t forget to wear your GREEN ECA T-SHIRTS;
- We encourage you to bring and wear masks;
- If you don’t yet have a t-shirt or mask, some will be available;
- Maps of the State House are available here.