Legislative Priorities: ECA Mass actively advocates for legislation that will be most effective in combating climate change. For the 2019-2020 state legislative session, our highest priority is the 2050 Roadmap bill (H.3983).
Testimony: ECA Mass frequently participates in state briefings and hearings in order to advocate for legislative and regulatory rules and statutes we believe to be most effective in combatting climate change. Here is a compilation of some of our testimony.
- ECA Mass testimony in support of GreenWorks bill – H.3997 – February 2020
- ECA Mass testimony in support of 2050 Roadmap bill – H.3983 – June 2019
- ECA Mass testimony in favor of Healthy Soils legislation
- ECA Mass testimony on carbon pricing
- ECA Mass testimony against gas pipeline expansion
Research: Our advocacy is informed by research that enables us to develop positions that result in the best path forward over the longer term. We need to insure our views are well considered and not “dead ends”. In support of this goal, we have written a number of white papers on a range of topics.
- The Role of Hydropower in Meeting Our Energy Needs – June 2020
- The Role of Biomass and Bioenergy in Achieving Net Zero Emissions – May 2020
- FAQs Climate Change, Net Zero Emissions, and Energy – August 2019
- Mass Electric Use and Source in 2050 (can regional renewables meet demand) – February 2018
- What does 100% renewable energy mean? – February 2017
- Relation between Clean Energy Standard and Renewable Portfolio Standard (why raising the RPS may be more complicated than you think) – February 2018
Presentations: We produced a series of presentations focused on combattng climate change with a focus on Massachusetts.