We urge the Commonwealth to explore all scientifically and economically viable solutions to reduce GHG emissions to net zero by 2050. Our goals are:
- To develop a Roadmap to reach net-zero by 2050.
- To take immediate steps to reduce transportation and building GHG emissions.
- To halt construction of all new fossil fuel infrastructure.
To reach these goals, we support first and foremost:
- H 832- The “2050 Roadmap” Bill to develop and implement a comprehensive plan for achieving our carbon emission reduction goals by 2050 efficiently, fairly, and while maintaining a thriving economy.
We also support these bills to reduce transportation and building emissions:
- H 3008/S 2106 – TCI Bill for Modern and Sustainable Transportation
- H 2849/S 1940 – An Act For Utilities to Transition to Renewable Energies (FUTURE)
- H 2865- An Act to Establish a Net Zero Stretch Energy Code
- H 2930– An Act Sparking the Modernization of State Heating Systems
- H 2874– AN Act Relative to Increasing Net-Zero Homes in Gateway Cities
To prevent the building new fossil fuel infrastructure, we support:
- H 2864/S 1980 – Bill Against Gas Pipeline Expansion Costs
- H 2810- An Act to Promote Green Infrastructure and Reduce Carbon Emissions
- S 1924 – An Act to Combat Climate Change